Using Google Adwords to help you at renewal time

During renewal time, if you are simply sending out letters to your clients with a renewal quote, and hoping to get a reply, you might be missing a few opportunities to remind them you provided their insurance 12 months ago.

We are not advocating you stopping sending renewal letters or emails, but if your renewal rate is under 50%, here are a couple of ideas you can use to help get your customers back to you using pay per click (PPC) marketing.

Retargeting

Retargeting converts site visitors into buyers. Generally 2% of visitors convert on the first visit to a website. Retargeting brings back the other 98%. And because you’re targeting people who have already shown an interest in what you have to offer by visiting your site, retargeting ad campaigns are highly effective and reengaging.

Every site – whether you use retargeting or not – should have Google retargeting tags in place as it will allow you to build up a custom audience of site visitors. You can then segment this list into visitors, quoters and buyers. In this way, you can engage with them via Adwords to try and get the visitors and quoters back to the site.

And if this data has been collected for a while, you will have over 12 months worth of data that will keep growing.

You can use retargeting to put your company brand in front of these people when they are using the web.

Retargeting is also not just limited to Google. Facebook has the same facility so you can cross promote. Site visitors on Google can be delivered ads on Facebook and vice versa.

This can be a great way to improve your renewal conversion rates and reach those hard to get to customers

Customer Match

Another tool in Google Adwords is the ability to upload your client email database. Any clients that use Gmail services can be targeted via GSP (Gmail Sponsored promotions) – another great way to get into your clients’ inboxes at renewal time.

Gmail Sponsored Promotions

Finally, GSP can allow you to send email ads to Gmail users who could be due for renewal (and not just your renewal) – you can target potential new clients that might have received email renewal notices from their existing insurance providers.

Mobile friendly

With more and more people accessing websites online via a smartphone or mobile device, making sure your marketing messages are accessible via a mobile device is key. So emails and creative need to be actionable and responsive on a smartphone.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas so you can divert some of your current PPC spend into targeting renewals. If you want us to help you drive a higher conversion rate from your renewals or set up any of the Google products above, please complete the short form here.

About the Author Jason Hulott

Jason Hulott is Business Development Director at Digital Marketing Specialists, Speedie Consultants. He is Google Partner certified. His role is to identify and implement traffic generating and revenue increasing ideas for our client base.

Popular posts